Every week we are impressed by the commitment of our members to recycling everything they can, from paper to electronics, plastics to garden waste!
Alongside filling up your recycling containers each week, there are a number of ways you can get creative with recycling to repurpose your old and unwanted things. With winter behind us and March well underway, learn how to turn your trash into treasure in time for a Spring Clean.
Start your clear out in your bedroom. There are loads of ways to clear out the old clothes filling up your wardrobe:
- If there are any clothes you don’t want to keep, simply donate them to a charity shop to make sure they go to a good cause.
- If you’re clearing out your winter clothes to make space for a summer wardrobe, make the most of high street rewards for donating old clothes. You can donate a bag of any unwanted clothes to H&M for a £5 voucher to redeem when you spend £30 in store.
- Similarly, when you donate an item of Marks & Spencer’s branded clothing to Oxfam you will receive a £5 voucher to redeem when you spend £35 in M&S. This is the perfect way to give a little back before you buy something new.
- If you have more than a bag-full of unwanted, good quality clothing, why not have a car-boot sale? This is a great way to make a bit of profit on your unwanted clothes.
- If a 6am start in the cold isn’t for you, you could try selling your old clothes online from the comfort of your home. Gumtree and eBay and are good places to start. You can even think a lot bigger than clothes – these sites are great for shifting used furniture and electronics too.
- If your friends or colleagues want to refresh their wardrobes too you should organise a clothes swap event. Your old clothes could be just what someone else is looking for.